What is the term of apprenticeship?
The apprenticeship program is designed to achieve journeyman status in approximately tow years. Apprentices must complete 4000 hours of on-the-job training and 320 hours of related classroom and hands-on instruction over the two-year period.
1. You must be at least 18 years of age.
a. All apprentices shall enter into and sign a written Apprenticeship Agreement with the Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee.
2. The following must be presented when submitting application:
a. A high school diploma or its equivalent at time of applying to program.
b. Valid Picture I.D.
c. Birth Certificate.
3. At the time of selection be physically able to perform the work of the trade with reasonable accommodations.
4. Must pass a drug screening test upon selection and cooperate in all subsequent random screening tests throughout the Apprenticeship Program.
5. At the time of selection, have an understanding; reading, writing, and communicating ability in the English language as would enable the apprentice to perform the tasks of the Construction Craft Laborer in a safe manner and comprehend the subject matter taught in related instruction.
6. Take a New Entrant Test.
7. Participate in a personal interview.
APPLICANTS MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS