The term of apprenticeship shall be four (4) years of reasonably continuous employment. Including 8000 on-the-job training, and 160 hours of daytime related instruction training each year throughout the term of apprenticeship.
1. Be at least 18 year of age.
2. Shall possess sufficient educational knowledge to satisfactorily complete the on-the-job training and related technical instruction. A high school diploma or HSE is required; however an applicant may receive a high school diploma of HSE with a year (1 year) after determined being indentured as an apprentice.
3. Shall be physically capable of performing the essential functions of the Apprenticeship program without posing a direct threat to the health and safety of the individual or others.
4. Must pass a substance abuse test at the time of acceptance.
5. Provide copies of the following documentation when submitting the application:
a. Proof of date of birth-- birth certificate or valid picture Identification
b. High School Diploma or HSE
c. Military Release Papers DD-214 (if applicable)
Hard work mush have a strong back and knees. Should be physically able to perform the work of the Trade.
The majority of work will be performed indoors. Apprentices may be asked to work in hazardous locations or situations. Additionally, the apprentice may be required to work in cramped work spaces that could result in getting into awkward positions.
Removal and disposal of existing floor coverings. Preparatory work to the floor such as sanding, patching, sealing, and priming. Installation of underlayments including lining felt, pad, and leveling compounds to be used as a base for the finished surface. Installation of Carpet and other various types of Resilient Floor Covering such as Sheet Vinyl, Soft Tile, Seamless Floors, and Hard Wood.