The recruitment, selection, employment, and training of apprentices during their apprenticeship shall be without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, or sex.
A application will be received from qualified applicants year-round for both apprenticeship programs. Applications will be accepted, in PERSON ONLY, from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Thursdays (excluding holidays), at the Elevator Constructors Union Office/JATC Matt 3301 Spring Valley Road, Suite #1, Las Vegas, NV 89102.
If you are interested in becoming an Elevator Constructor, please read the following information.
Elevator Constructors JATC
3301 Spring Mountain Road, Ste. 1
Las Vegas, NV 89102
Office: 702-248-4832 Ext. 1032
Responsible for assisting in the installation, maintenance, and repair of passenger and freight elevators, escalators, dumbwaiters and moving sidewalks under the direction of the Mechanic.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Manually loads, unloads and moves materials, equipment and tools from vehicles to work areas. Requires lifting parts weighing up to 100lbs.
2. Manually cleans elevator car tops, machine rooms, pits, rails and hoist ways within non-controlled climate field setting.
3. Manually paints machine rooms and pit.
4. Uses periods of high concentration and knowledge of elevator systems to assist mechanics in electrical and mechanical installation, repair or service operations. Requires following written or oral directions of mechanic and/or field superintendent. Requires color perception to distinguish color-coded wiring components.
5. Maintains elevator lighting fixtures.
6. Visually and audibly monitors equipment operation to determine faulty functioning. Requires ability to withstand heights and cramped working conditions. The National Electrical Contractors Association is the management association for electrical contractors. N..E.C.A. represents thousands of employers who guarantee their work and perform quality work on time and on budget. N.E.C.A. electrical contractors satisfy their customers by doing the job "right the first time".
APPLICANTS MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS